Are you seeing ‘Installing ended prematurely because of an error‘ when you are trying to install an application on your computer? If you are, then simply follow these fixes to solve the issue. This problem usually occurs when some essential services are not running on your computer. Try these workarounds first and if these doesn’t help much go for the main solutions-
1. Reboot your computer and then try to install the software again on your computer.
2. Check if any crucial Windows update is pending.
Go for these solution if the workarounds didn’t work-
Fix-1 Check if Windows Installer is running-
1. Press Windows key+R together to launch Run window.
2. Now, type “services.msc” in Run window and then hit Enter.
Services window will be opened.
2. In Services window, scroll down and then double click on “Windows Installer” service.
3. In Windows Installer Properties window, click on “Start” to start the service on your computer.
4. Finally, click on “Apply” and then click on “OK” to save the changes.
Close Services window.
Try to run the installer once again on your computer and check if the error is still there or not.
Note: – If windows installer service is already running, then right click and then click on restart.
Fix-2 Use Powershell-
1.Press Windows key+R to open Run window.
2.Type “Powershell” and then press Ctrl+Shift+Enter.
Click on “Yes” when you are prompted for permission by User Account Control.
Powershell window will be opened.
2. Copy these commands and paste them in PowerShell window one-by-one and then hit Enter to execute these commands sequentially on your computer.
msiexec /unreg msiexec /regserver
Once done, close Powershell window.
Restart your computer.
After rebooting, try to install the application again.
Fix-3 Re-register vbscript.dll-
1. Press Windows key+R to launch Run window.
2. Now, type “cmd” and then press Ctrl+Shift+Enter to open Command Prompt window with administrative rights.
In case if you are prompted for permission by User Account Control, click on “Yes“.
3. Type or copy-paste this command in Command Prompt window and then hit Enter.
4. Click on “OK” when the message ‘DllRegister server in vbscript.dll successful.‘ pops up.
Close Command Prompt window.
Reboot your computer to let the changes take effect on your computer.
Your problem should be solved.