When you install some softwares and try to launch it on your system, the following is error seen:
The code execution cannot proceed because msvcp140_1.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix the problem.
Re-installing the application as specified in the error message doesn’t help. You might notice that the software launched successfully in some versions of windows(say, Windows 10). However, in other versions (say, Windows 11) it causes the error. It is mostly seen with apps like OBS Studio.
If you are seeing this annoying error, here are some ways to fix this issue in your system.
Fix 1: Install the Visual C++ 2015 on your PC
1. Download the Visual C++ Redistributable Package
2. Install the package as per the on-screen instructions.
This should ideally fix the error.
Fix 2: Reregister the DLL file shown in the error message.
1. Open Run Dialog using Windows +R.
2. Type cmd and press Ctrl+Shift+Enter. This opens the Command Prompt in Admin Mode.
3. If you see a UAC prompt opening up, click on Yes.
4. Type the below command and press Enter.
For example, if the error message shown in your case is, “The code execution cannot proceed because msvcp140_1.dll was not found.” Use the below command.
5. Restart the PC.
We hope this article has been informative. Kindly comment and let us know the fix that helped you solve the error. Thank you for reading.
Anusha Pai is a Software Engineer having a long experience in IT industry and having a passion to write.