Windows error code 1068 is generated when the dependency service fails to start a group or service. It may prevent a user from connecting to a wireless network or from starting a firewall service. Before going to troubleshoot the problem, Reboot your computer and check if the problem still persists or not.
Try these fixes if rebooting your computer doesn’t fix the error-
Fix 1 – Using MSconfig tool
First of all you should flush DNS
1 – for that , Search cmd in Search box, right click and click run as administrator.
2 – Now, type IPCONFIG /FLUSHDNS in it and Hit enter key
Now, We will proceed to open MSCONFIG. First of all Open Run command box.
1. To open the Run window, press Windows key + R keys together from the keyboard.
2. Write “msconfig” in it and click on “OK“.
3. Now, choose the Normal Startup Option.
4. To save this change you have to click on “Apply” and click on “OK“.
Fix-2 Restart the WLAN AutoConfig service
This problem may occur if your computer WLAN AutoConfig service is configured incorrectly. In order to fix WLAN AutoConfig service follow these steps-
1. Press Windows Key+R and Run window will open,
2. In that Run window, you have to type “services.msc“. Click on “OK“.
Services will open.
2. Now scroll down till you reach “WLAN AutoConfig ” and right-click on it. Click on “Restart”.
If the Restart button is grayed( means disabled) then click on “Start”.
3. Now, double click on “WLAN AutoConfig” and click on drop-down menu beside the option”Startup type:” and select “Automatic“. Click on “Apply” and then on “Ok“.
4 – Now, Locate Windows defender Firewall Properties from the list.
Repeat steps 2 and 3 for this service as well.
5 – Reboot your computer and the problem should be fixed. If it still is there then go for this next fix.
Fix-3 Reset your Network Adapter-
Sometimes problems with your network adapter may cause the failure of the dependency of the local services or groups and generate Error Code -1068. Try resetting your network adapter with these steps-
1. Press ‘Windows Key+R‘ and type “cmd” and press Ctrl+Shift+Enter together.
2. Type this”netsh winsock reset catalog” command in the Command Prompt and then you have to press Enter key.
3. Now, type this command and hit enter.
netsh int ip reset reset.log
4 -Now run the command given below
Then, close the Command Prompt and reboot your computer and check if the problem is still there or not.
Go for the next fix if the error still appears.
Fix- 4 Expand your Administrator Groups-
Some Windows features, settings, and applications cause an error if there are launched by a Non-Administrative user/account. This may trigger this problem. In order to expand your Administrator group, follow these steps-
1. Press Windows key+S together, and type “cmd“.
2. Now, right-click on the “Command Prompt” and then click on the “Run as administrator”.
2. After opening the Command Prompt window, type this”net localgroup administrators localservice /add” command and then hit the Enter.
3. Type this “net localgroup administrators networkservice /add” command and press enter.
4. Close the Command Prompt terminal and restart Windows.
Fix 5- Update your Network Adapter driver
Your network adapter driver may be the bottleneck causing the problem which is causing this error. To update your network adapter driver simply follow these steps-
1. At first, press ‘Windows Key+X‘ and then click on the “Device Manager“.
2. Click on the “Networks adapters” and then right-click on the adapter you are currently using for your internet connectivity. Now click on “Update driver”.
3.Now, click on the “Search automatically for updated driver software” and wait for while it searches for a compatible driver on the internet.
Reboot your computer after the driver is installed. Your problem might be gone now.
Otherwise, move on to the next fix.
Fix-6 Reset TCP/IP to default-
Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol is a list of internet protocols that are used to interconnect the network devices. Resetting the TCP/IP to the default settings may cease the error. Follow this step to reset TCP/IP to default-
1. Press Windows Key and the ‘R’ key together and then type “cmd” and press Ctrl+Shift+Enter.
2. Type “ipconfig /flushdns” command and hit enter.
3. Type “nbtstat –r” command and hit eEnter.
4. Type “netsh int ip reset reset c:\resetlog.txt” command and hit enter.
5. Type “netsh winsock reset” command and hit enter.
6. Reboot your computer and see if the problem is solved. If it is not gone, go for the next fix.
Fix-7 Repair your Registry
Sometimes faulty registry keys can generate the Error Code 1068. In order to fix the registry, you have to follow these steps-
1. At first, you need to press Windows Key+R and type “regedit” and click on “OK‘”.
2. You will need to go to this location-
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SYSTEM > CurrentControlSet > Services > Services
3. Look for “Dhcp” in Services.
4. Right-click on it and click on “Export“. This process is for making a backup of the registry on your disk. Give a name and click on “Save“.
5. Now double click on the “DependOnService” on the right pane of the Dhcp.
6. Delete all the Value Data except “Afd‘.
7. Click on “OK“.
8. For the next step, look for “Eaphost” and right-click on it. Click on the “Export“.
This process is to create a backup of the registry on your disk. Give a name to the backup registry and click on “Save“.
6. Now double click on the “DependOnService” on the right pane of the “Eaphost”. Delete all the Value data.
7. Click on “Ok“.
7. Close the Registry Editor screen.
Then, reboot your computer. The problem should be fixed.