Portable apps are loved these days by everyone, But what exactly is a portable application. An application is called portable, if it does not require any installation and it does not change any settings or leave any trace on the Computer on which it runs. Now, this is a Boon for Privacy concerned people and persons afraid to install anything on their computer as they are afraid of bundled viruses and crapwares.
Advantages of Portable Apps
- No installation Required at all.
- This program folder contains everything needed to run the application. No files needded further to be downloaded or installed further on the host computer.
- App settings are saved inside the program folder of the apps. Thus if the this folder is moved, the settings also comes along with you.
- The application does not alter anything on the host PC including the Windows registry.
Top Portable apps which you should always keep in Your Pen Drive
- Mozilla Portable- No introduction required
- Thunderbird Portable- Email Client
- uTorrent – For the downloading needs
- 7-Zip – For extracting all kind of files
- Java – Make use of java runtime environment on the go without installing
- VLC – The Godlike Open source media software
- Audacity – Audio editor tool
- tencoder – Video converting tool
- Gimp – Image editing tool
- 2048 – Ofcourse how will you pass your time on Your friend’s boring PC
- Filezilla – For file transfer between server and PC
- Free Download manager
- iron portable Browser – Portable alternative to chrome and based on the same source code chromium on which chrome is based.
- eraser – Securely and permanently delete your data
- Notepad++ – A Kickass Notepad for web developers and Programmers
- Open Office – Biggest MS Office alternative on earth
- Kaspersky TDSSKiller – Portable anti virus
- AbiWord – Free Open source word processor
- MetaPad – Portable Notepad
- Foxit – LightWeight Pdf Reader
- Irfan View – View, scan and convert images
- angry ipscanner – Blazing Fast Network Scanner
- Putty – SSH Client
- WinScp – A More Secure alternative to Filezilla
- rufus – Create Bootable USB device
Saurav is associated with IT industry and computers for more than a decade and is writing on The Geek Page on topics revolving on windows 10 and softwares.