Whenever you are printing a big pdf file (which contains either a lot of pages or huge amount of graphical works) you may notice the slowness of the printing process. If you want to accelerate the pace of printing operation, simply follow these fixes and you will notice a significant up-lift in the printing speed.
1. Huge number of files in printer queue can cause this issue. Open your printer settings and then cancel any pending printing job.
2. Restart your printer device and your computer. Now, give it a try and check the speed of printing operation.
Otherwise try these fixes on your computer-
Fix-1 Print your file as image-
You can print the file as an image and let your printer decide which colors to use. This will increase the printing speed significantly-
1. Open the pdf file in Adobe Acrobat Reader.
2. In Adobe Acrobat Reader window, click on “File” on the menu-bar and then click on “Print“.
3. In Print settings window, click on “Advanced“.
4. In Advanced Print Setup window, check the option “Let printer determine colors“.
5. Now, check the option “Print As Image“.
6. Finally, click on “OK” to save the changes on your computer.
7. Coming back to Print settings window, click on “Print” to print the pdf file.
You will notice a definite increase in the speed of printing process.
Method-2 Clear printing queue from File Explorer-
Manually clearing the printing files from Printer Spooler folder file may help you out-
1. Press Windows key+R to launch Run.
2. Type “services.msc” in Run window and click on “OK“.
3. In the Services window, find “Print Spooler” service in the list of services.
4. Now, right click on “Print Spooler” service and click on “Stop” to stop Print Spooler service.
Minimize Services window.
5. Now, press Windows key+E to open File Explorer.
6. Navigate to this location in File Explorer–
If you are denied access with a prompt “You don’t currently have permission to access this folder“, just click on “Continue” to grant access.
7. Now, select all the files in Printer folder and then press ‘Delete’ from your keyboard to empty the folder.
Close File Explorer window.
Maximize Services window.
8. Now, in the list of services, find “Print Spooler” service.
9. Right click on “Print Spooler” service and then click on “Start” to again start the Print Spooler service.
Close Services window on your computer.
Now, try to print the pdf file on your computer. Your issue will be solved.
Sambit is a Mechanical Engineer By qualification who loves to write about Windows 10 and solutions to weirdest possible problems.