Installing Windows on a new machine or updating the existing one usually goes well without any error. Some Windows users have reported that they are seeing Error Code 0x8030002F while updating/installing Windows 11 on their machine. If you are trying to install a modified version of Windows (anything except the original version of Windows), Windows will stall the installation and show up an error message.
1. Disable or uninstall any third-party security software you are using. Then try to install/update Windows again.
2. Make sure that you have disconnected all the external devices (WiFi adapter, Bluetooth adapter, etc.) from your computer.
Table of Contents
Fix 1 – Create a MCT
If you are trying to update/install a different version of Windows on a different existing one, you will see this error code.
1. You have to download the tool. Visit the Microsoft Software Download page.
2. Now, tap on the “Download tool now” to download the Media Creation Tool.
3. After that, choose a location and then, click on “Save” to save the Media Creation Tool.
After the downloading process is complete, close the browser.
4. Next, go to the file location.
5. You have to double clickon “MediaCreationTool2004“.
6. Just accept the terms and conditions of the tool.
7. Now, click on the radio button beside the “Create installation media (USB flash drive, DVD, or ISO file)‘ on the screen.
8. Finally, click on “Next“.
This will download and create a new installation media. A Windows 11 ISO image will be downloaded.
Fix 2 – Repair the MBR
If the Master Boot Record is corrupted, Windows will not be installed correctly.
You have to boot your computer into Recovery Environment.
Steps to boot your computer to Windows Recovery Environment –
a. At first, you have to shut down your computer.
b. Simply press the power button to boot up your system.
c. Then, when your system boots up, press-hold the power button again to force shutdown your system as soon as you have seen the manufacturer’s logo.
d. Continue this for 2-3 more times and it will automatically reach the startup repair screen.
When your computer boots up, you will be in Recovery Environment mode.
1. Now, click on “Advanced options“.
2. You have to click on the “Troubleshoot” settings.
3. Again you have to click on the “Advanced options” to open advanced options.
4. You have to click on the “Command Prompt” to open up the terminal.
5. Just select your administrative account and put in your account password.
6. Then, tap on the “Continue” to open up the terminal.
7. Here, copy-paste these commands one-by-one and then hit Enter to fix the Master Boot Record.
8. You can rebuild the Boot Configuration Directory executing this command just like the previous ones.
Once the rebuilding operation is over, close the terminal.
9. Finally, tap on “Continue” to boot your computer normally.
Your computer will boot into your Windows. Now, try to update it further.
Fix 3 – Run a disk checking operation
If there are some corruption on the hard disks, you may have to run a disk checking operation on the drive to test the fault of the disk.
1. At first, boot your system to Windows Recovery Enviroment.
You have to tap on the “Advanced options“.
2. Then, follow these steps –
Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Command Prompt
3. After that, select your administrative account and put in your account password.
4. Then, click on the “Continue” to open up the terminal.
5. When the Command Prompt terminal appears, type this command and hit Enter.
chkdsk C: /f /r
The test will done is 6 distinct stages. The entire process
6. Once it is done close the terminal and then, click on “Continue“.
This should fix the trouble you are facing now.
Sambit is a Mechanical Engineer By qualification who loves to write about Windows 10 and solutions to weirdest possible problems.