Some Windows 10 users are complaining about a certain problem they are facing when they are trying to set up the OneDrive Personal Vault on their computer. According to these users, they are unable to set up the Personal Vault in OneDrive on their computer as it is throwing up an error code “error 0x80070490“. If you are in the same situation, no need to worry. There are easy fixes available to solve this problem on your computer. Just follow these steps described in these fixes and the problem should be solved easily.
1. If this problem is happening due to any temporary files on your computer, a simple reboot of your computer may fix the issue on your computer.
2. Check if any Windows Updates are pending or not.
Fix-1 Sign-out and Sign-in to your OneDrive account-
Resetting the OneDrive account may fix this problem on your computer.
1. Right click on the OneDrive icon (cloud symbol) on the right corner of Taskbar, and then click on “More…” in elevated OneDrive window, then, click on “Settings” to open OneDrive settings on your computer.
2. In Microsoft OneDrive window, go to “Account” tab and then click on “Unlink this PC“.
3. If a prompt appears stating, ‘Unlink account on this PC?‘, simply click on “Unlink account“. You will be signed out from OneDrive.
4. After signing out from the OneDrive account, OneDrive sign-in window will appear automatically on your computer. Put your email-id (which is linked to the Windows account) and then click on “Sign in” to initialize the sign-in process.
5. In the next window, just type your password and then click on “Sign in ” to complete the sign in process on your computer. OneDrive will be ready to use.
Now, try to set up Personal Vault again on your computer. Your problem should be solved.
Fix-2 Reset OneDrive account using Command Prompt-
Resetting OneDrive account using Command Prompt may fix the problem on your computer.
1. Press Windows key+R to launch Run window, type “cmd” and hit Enter. Command Prompt window will be opened.
2. In Command Prompt window, copy-paste this command and hit Enter.
Wait for a minute.
3. Now, copy-paste this command in Command Prompt window and then hit Enter to reset OneDrive.
Wait for a few moments as this process may take a while.
Upon completion, close Command Prompt window.
Try to set up the Personal Vault in OneDrive again on your computer.
Sambit is a Mechanical Engineer By qualification who loves to write about Windows 10 and solutions to weirdest possible problems.