Some Windows 10 users are complaining about a certain problem they are facing when they are trying to set up the OneDrive Personal Vault on their computer. According to these users, they are unable to set up the Personal Vault in OneDrive on their computer as it is throwing up an error code “error 0x80070490“. If you are in the same situation, no need to worry. There are easy fixes available to solve this problem on your computer. Just follow these steps described in these fixes and the problem should be solved easily.
1. If this problem is happening due to any temporary files on your computer, a simple reboot of your computer may fix the issue on your computer.
2. Check if any Windows Updates are pending or not.
Fix-1 Sign-out and Sign-in to your OneDrive account-
Resetting the OneDrive account may fix this problem on your computer.
1. You can see the OneDrive icon in the system tray.
2. Now, right-click on that OneDrive icon and then click on “More“. Then, click on “Settings“.
3. You have to go to the “Account” tab.
4. Then, you have to click on “Unlink this PC“.
5. If you see a prompt saying, ‘Unlink account on this PC?‘ has appeared on your screen, simply click on “Unlink account“.
You will be signed out from OneDrive.
6. After signing out from the OneDrive account, OneDrive sign-in window will appear automatically on your computer.
7. Then, you need to put your email-id (which is linked to the Windows account) there and then you need to click on “Sign in” to initialize the sign-in process.
8. In the next window, just type your password and then click on “Sign in ” to complete the sign-in process on your computer.
OneDrive will be ready to use.
Now, try to set up Personal Vault again on your computer. Your problem should be solved.
Fix-2 Reset OneDrive account using Command Prompt-
Resetting OneDrive account using Command Prompt may fix the problem on your computer.
1. Pressing Windows key+S you can access the Search box beside the Windows icon. Here you need to type “cmd“.
2. As soon as ‘Command Prompt‘ appears in the search result, right-click on it and then click on “Run as administrator“.
3. To reset the OneDrive account all you have to do is to copy-paste the command and then hit Enter.
Wait for a minute.
3. Again, copy this command from here and paste it in CMD and hit Enter to execute it.
Wait for a few moments as this process may take a while.
Upon completion, close the Command Prompt window.
Try to set up the Personal Vault in OneDrive again on your computer.
Fix 3 – Turn off Check Apps and Files in windows security
1. Press Windows key + R from your keyboard to open run.
2. Now, type windowsdefender: in it and click OK.
3. Now, in left menu, click on App & Browser Control
4. In Check apps and files section select Off.
Fix 4 – Disable any third party Anti Virus you are using
If you are using any third party anti virus on your PC, try to disabling the anti virus and then try again. May be the Anti virus is the reason for this error.