A combination of two keyboard buttons alt + tab is helpful in switching between multiple open tabs in windows 10 easily. Many users face this issue and here are some quick fixes
Solution 1: Through Change in the registry value
1. Search regedit in the windows 10 search box present in the left hand corner of the screen.
2. Browse through the following path :-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer.
Search AltTabSettings DWORD. If it is not present, you have to create a new one in the following way:-
Right-Click anywhere on the right side and select New > Dword (32-bit) Value. Now, name the key AltTabSettings .
3. Double-click on AltTabSettings then set the value data as 1 and click ok.
After the completion of the steps mentioned above you will be capable of fixing the problem with the alt+tab not working. If the problem persists you can try and implement solutions listed below.
Solution 2 – By restarting windows explorer
1. Search Task Manager in the windows 10 search box, click on the task manager icon which appears.
Now, find windows explorer in it.
2. Right-Click on the windows explorer and choose restart.
Hopefully problem will be solved and windows explorer will restart. but, do remember this is a temporary answer and you will have to keep repeating it over and over again.
Solution 3 – By reinstalling the keyboard driver
1. Type devmgmt.msc in the search box located in the taskbar.
2. Select Keyboard and elaborate the option. Right-Click on your keyboard driver listed below and choose uninstall.
3. Restart your system. Windows will automatically download and install the latest keyboard version.
Sometimes there might be a problem in the connection of the keyboard, or the keyboard buttons might be damaged. After following the above mentioned steps, if the issue remains look out for some more fixes listed below.
Solution 4 – By enabling the Peek Option.
1. Write sysdm.cpl in the windows 10 search box to open System Properties.
2. Go to Advanced tab and choose the settings box under Performance.
3. Ensure that enable peek option is checked and if not click the small box on the left side of the option enable peek.
After finishing this step, check if your alt + tab function is working properly again.
Hope this fixes sort out your Alt Tab not working issue in windows 10 computer.