Language packs are included as optional features for Windows users to install as they prefer. But, while installing these language packs on Windows 11 or 10, users have experienced the Error Code 0x800f0908. Generally, when your computer is connected to a metered connection, this error code pops up. So, just follow these steps and complete the language pack installation.
Fix 1 – Disable the metered connection option
Disable the metered connection option or switch to a metered connection.
1. Launch Settings using the Windows key and the I key hotkey.
2. Then, click on the “Network & Internet” you can find on the left-hand pane.
3. Now, if you are using WiFi, tap “WiFi“. Otherwise, click “Ethernet” to open that.
4. Now, through the right-hand pane, turn the “Metered connection” setting to “Off“.
Turning this metered connection feature off means Windows may download regular updates, and features in the background. So, if you have a data limit, tag the connection as a metered one again after downloading and installing the language features pack.
Fix 2 – Download & install the language packs
You can easily download and install the language packs on your computer using a particular Microsoft tool.
Step 1 – Download the appropriate language pack
Download the appropriate language pack on your computer.
1. Here, we have listed several language packs and their direct download links.
2. Just choose the language you want and download it on your computer.
|ar-sa Arabic||32bit | 64bit|
|ca-es Spanish Catalan||32bit | 64bit|
|cs-cz Czech||32bit | 64bit|
|de-de German||32bit | 64bit|
|en-gb English – United Kingdom||32bit | 64bit|
|en-us English- United States||32bit | 64bit|
|es-es Spanish||32bit | 64bit|
|es-mx Latin American Spanish||32bit | 64bit|
|fi-fi Finnish||32bit | 64bit|
|fr-fr French||32bit | 64bit|
|fr-ca French Canada||32bit | 64bit|
|hi-in Hindi||32bit | 64bit|
|it-it Italian||32bit | 64bit|
|ja-jp Japanese||32bit | 64bit|
|ko-kr Korean||32bit | 64bit|
|nl-nl Dutch||32bit | 64bit|
|pl-pl Polish||32bit | 64bit|
|pt-br Brazilian Portuguese||32bit | 64bit|
|ru-ru Russian||32bit | 64bit|
|sv-se Swedish||32bit | 64bit|
|th-th Thai||32bit | 64bit|
|tr-tr Turkish||32bit | 64bit|
|vi-vn Vietnamese||32bit | 64bit|
|zh-cn Chinese Simplified||32bit | 64bit|
As soon as you have clicked on these links, the particular language pack will be downloaded to your computer in compressed format.
Remember this location where you have downloaded the file.
Step 2 – Install the language pack
Now, you can easily install the language package.
1. So, press the Windows key and the R keys together.
2. Then, type this and hit Enter.
3. Now, tap the “Install display language” option.
4. After this, tap the “Browse” option on the following page.
5. Then, browse the downloaded language pack and select it.
6. Next, select the language pack and tap “OK” to add that to your computer.
Just, follow the on-screen steps to install the language packages.
This way, you can repeat these steps to install as many languages as you want.
Check if this helps.
Fix 2 – Reset all the WU components
Another thing you can do is reset all the Windows Update components. Follow these steps minutely.
1. You can reset these update parameters from a terminal only. So, write “cmd” in the box.
2. Then, right-click the “Command Prompt” and click “Run as administrator” to open that.
3. In the elevated CMD terminal page, you have to stop certain services. So, copy-paste these four codes one-by-one and hit Enter after each line to stop these services.
net stop bits net stop wuauserv net stop appidsvc net stop cryptsvc
4. Then, you have to delete the existing qmgr*.dat file from your computer. Paste this line and hit Enter to remove the file.
Del "%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Application Data\Microsoft\Network\Downloader\qmgr*.dat"
5. Now, as you have halted these services, you can proceed to rename these WU folders. So, execute these codes one by one.
Ren %systemroot%\\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.bak Ren %systemroot%\\system32\\catroot2 catroot2.bak cd /d %windir%\\system32
6. Next step is to re-register the essential BITS files and the Windows Update files. Execute all these commands to re-register the dll files.
regsvr32.exe atl.dll regsvr32.exe urlmon.dll regsvr32.exe mshtml.dll regsvr32.exe shdocvw.dll regsvr32.exe browseui.dll regsvr32.exe jscript.dll regsvr32.exe vbscript.dll regsvr32.exe scrrun.dll regsvr32.exe msxml.dll regsvr32.exe msxml3.dll regsvr32.exe msxml6.dll regsvr32.exe actxprxy.dll regsvr32.exe softpub.dll regsvr32.exe wintrust.dll regsvr32.exe dssenh.dll regsvr32.exe rsaenh.dll regsvr32.exe gpkcsp.dll regsvr32.exe sccbase.dll regsvr32.exe slbcsp.dll regsvr32.exe cryptdlg.dll regsvr32.exe oleaut32.dll regsvr32.exe ole32.dll regsvr32.exe shell32.dll regsvr32.exe initpki.dll regsvr32.exe wuapi.dll regsvr32.exe wuaueng.dll regsvr32.exe wuaueng1.dll regsvr32.exe wucltui.dll regsvr32.exe wups.dll regsvr32.exe wups2.dll regsvr32.exe wuweb.dll regsvr32.exe qmgr.dll regsvr32.exe qmgrprxy.dll regsvr32.exe wucltux.dll regsvr32.exe muweb.dll regsvr32.exe wuwebv.dll
After this, close the CMD terminal after registering all the DLL files. Then, reboot your system.
Fix 3 – Run the WU troubleshooter
Run the Windows Update troubleshooter so that it can scan your device and fix the problem.
1. Use the Windows key+I keys together to open Settings.
2. Now, tap “System” settings.
3. Then, click “Troubleshoot” to explore it.
4. After that, tap “Other troubleshooters” to access it.
5. Look for the “Windows Update” troubleshooter.
6. Then, tap “Run“.
After that, let it run on your system, detect the update issue and fix the problem. After running the troubleshooter, restart your computer.
This should fix the issue.
Fix 4 – Disable the .NET Framework feature
Disable the .NET Framework feature temporarily and check.
1. At first, press the Win key+R to invoke the Run panel.
2. Then, type this word and hit Enter.
3. Next, uncheck the .NET Framework 3.5 (includes .NET 2.0 and 3.0) and .NET Framework 4.8 Advanced Services.
4. Then, tap “OK“.
This will disable these features on your system. You have to restart your computer once.
Hope this solves your problem.