Many users are facing a sound issue with Conexant SmartAudio HD on their Windows PC. Generally this no sound issue has been reported after a Windows upgrade or an update to the Windows PC. If you are also encountering no sound issue with the Conexant Smart Audio HD, then read this article to find solutions that have been helpful for others in overcoming this issue on their PCs.
Fix 1 – Disable All Audio Enhancements
1 – Press Windows key and R key together to Open RUN.
2 -Write MMSYS.CPL in it
3 – Click OK
4. Go to the Playback tab.
5. Right-click on Speakers that shows Conexant SmartAudioHD and choose Properties.
6. Go to the Enhancements tab in the Speakers Properties window.
7. Check the box next to Disable all sound effects. Some Windows versions show Disable all enhancements.
8. Click on Apply and then on OK to confirm the changes.
9. Check if this resolved the sound issue.
Fix 2 – Update the Conexant SmartAudio HD Driver
It is known that a Windows update or upgrade may uninstall the driver or make it incompatible. So the best solution is to try and update the Conexant SmartAudio HD driver. At first, download the latest driver from your PC manufacturer’s website.
1. Press Windows + R to open the Run dialog.
2. Type devmgmt.msc to open the Device Manager.
3. Locate Sound, audio, and game controller and click on it to expand.
4. You will see your driver listed. Right-click on the driver and choose Update driver.
5. Here select the option Browse my computer for drivers.
6. Now click on Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer.
7. It will list the compatible drivers available on your system. Select the High Definition Audio device and click on Next to continue.
8. Restart your PC after updating the driver. Check if the sound issue is fixed with Conexant SamrtAudio HD.
Fix 3 – Uninstall the Driver
1. Perform Steps 1 – 3 as in Fix 1 above.
2. Right-click on your driver and choose Uninstall device.
3. When shown a warning that you are about to uninstall a device, check the box next to Attempt to remove the driver for this device.
4. Then click on Uninstall. Wait for the uninstallation to complete.
5. Restart your PC after uninstalling. Windows will automatically search for any missing drivers and reinstall them.
6. Check if the problem is solved.
Fix 4 – Run the Audio Troubleshooter
1. Open Run using Windows and R keys.
2. Type ms-settings:troubleshoot to open the Troubleshoot page.
3. Click on Other troubleshooters.
4. Click on the Run button next to the Playing Audio troubleshooter.
5. Wait for it to run and detect any issue. If there is any, it will show some fix which can be applied.
The Conexant SmartAudio HD must now be working fine without any sound issue. Comment and let us know if this helped you fix the issue.
A software engineer turned into an educator with vast teaching experience in universities. Currently working towards my passion for writing.