In case if you are facing shut down issues on your computer (like if it is shutting down randomly or taking a long time to shut down) and you are looking for a solution, these fixes will surely help you out. This problem usually happens due to the wrong power settings of your system. Changing the settings will solve the issue.
Fix-1 Adjust Advanced Power Settings-
Turning link power state ‘Off‘ will solve this issue.
1. To launch a Run terminal, press Windows key+R together.
2. In Run window, type or copy-paste this run command and then hit Enter.
3. Scroll down through then Power Options window, and click on “PCI Express“.
4. Then, click on “Link State Power Management” to expand it.
5. Now, you need to click on the drop-down of ‘Settings‘ and choose “Off” from the listed options.
6. Then, click on the “Apply“. After that, click on “OK“.
Now, close the Power Options window.
Check if this fixes the shutdown issue. Otherwise, try the next solution on your computer.
Fix-2 Disable hibernation
Disabling and re-enabling the hibernation system on your computer may fix this issue.
1. Pressing the Windows key along with the ‘R‘ key will open up the Run window.
2. Type “cmd” and then click on “OK” to access it.
3. To disable the hibernation, execute this code on your computer.
powercfg -h off
Close Command Prompt window.Now, shutdown your computer
Fix-4 Shutdown using command prompt
1 – Search cmd in windows search located in taskbar and then right click and run as admin
2 – Run the command given below in propmt window to shutdown your computer
shutdown /p /f
Hopegully it will shutdown without any issue.