In case if you are facing shut down issues on your computer (like if it is shutting down randomly or taking a long time to shut down) and you are looking for a solution, these fixes will surely help you out. This problem usually happen due to wrong power settings of your system. Changing the settings will obviously solve the issue.
Fix-1 Adjust Advanced Power Settings-
Turning link power state ‘Off‘ will solve this issue.
1. Press Windows key+R together to launch Run window.
2. In Run window, type or copy-paste this run command and then hit Enter.
3. In Power Options window, scroll down and click on “PCI Express” to expand it.
4. Now, click on “Link State Power Management” to expand it also.
5. Now, under Link State Power Management option, click on the drop-down of ‘Settings‘ and choose “Off” from the listed options.
6. Finally, click on “Apply” and then on “OK ” to save these changes.
Now, close Power Options window.
Check if this fix the shutdown issue. Otherwise try the next solution on your computer.
Fix-2 Disable and Re-enable hibernation-
Disabling and re-enabling hibernation system on your computer may fix this issue.
1. Search “cmd” in Search box beside Windows icon .
2. Then, right click on “Command Prompt” in the elevated search result and choose “Run as administrator“.
Command Prompt with administrative rights will be opened.
3. Now, copy-paste this command in Command Prompt window, and hit Enter to execute it on your computer.
powercfg -h off
Close Command Prompt window.
Try to shut down your computer and check if this helps.
Sambit is a Mechanical Engineer By qualification who loves to write about Windows 10 and solutions to weirdest possible problems.