The Photo Enhancer utility in Microsoft Photos is quite popular among Windows users who are using it to make their photos more stylish. But some users have recently detected a bug where this photo enhancer feature in Photos is not working or not enhancing the image at all! If you also face this issue, simply just repair the Photos app. Follow our step-by-step instructions and Photo Enhancer will start to work in no time at all.
Fix 1 – Add Photos Media Engine Add on
Adding the Photos Media Engine Add-on from Store may help you resolve this issue.
1. Open this link on your browser.
2. When Store opens up on your browser, scroll down and tap on “Get“.
3. Now, tap on “Open” to open this in the Store app.
4. Further, tap on “Get” in the Store app to install the add-on to your system.
Upon installing the add-on, close the Store window. Open an image and try the photo enhancer again.
Fix – 2 Repair or reset the Photos app
You have to repair or reset the Photos app on your system.
1. At first, open the Settings on your system.
2. Then, click on the “Apps” on the left-hand side.
3. After that, tap on the “Apps & features” on the right-hand side.
4. Now, check for the “Microsoft Photos” in the list of apps.
5. Then, click on the three-dot menu and tap on the “Advanced options” to access it.
6. You can either repair or reset the Photos app.
7. Now, tap on “Repair” to repair the Photos app.
After repairing the Photos app, open the image file and enhance it.
8. If you are still seeing the error message, tap on “Reset“.
9. Then, click on “Reset” again to confirm the action.
After that, close the Settings page.
After resetting the Photos app, open any image and try to enhance it again.
Fix 3 – Restore the libraries
If the libraries of the Photos are corrupted, restoring it should help.
1. At first, open the File Explorer.
2. Then, on the left-hand pane, right-click on space and tap on “Show libraries“.
3. Now, on the right-hand side, you will find the “Library” section.
4. Just, right-click on it and tap on “Show more options“.
5. Now, click on the “Restore Libary” to restore the libraries.
This should solve the issue with your system. Now, try to enhance the photos on your system.
Your problem should be solved.
Fix 4 – Run Windows Store apps troubleshooter
Running the Windows Store apps troubleshooter should fix the Photos app.
1. At first, press the Windows key+R keys together.
2. Then, copy-paste this code and hit Enter to open the troubleshooter settings.
3. Now, tap on the “Other troubleshooters“.
4. Then, scroll down to the “Windows Store Apps” troubleshooter.
5. Tap on “Run the troubleshooter” to run the Store apps troubleshooters.
Let it find and fix the Store apps for your system.
Additional Tips –
1. Make sure Windows is updated to the latest version.
2. You can use other third-party tools (like – Adobe Photoshop) to enhance your photos.
Sambit is a Mechanical Engineer By qualification who loves to write about Windows 10 and solutions to weirdest possible problems.