Many iPhone users have reported that when they are talking on a call on their iPhones, the screen goes black and they are unable to see the options available during a call or operate other applications simultaneously. You might wonder why and what iPhone users need to use while on a call. Right?
They might need to mute the call, do the conference call with others, type the code on their keypad, use any other applications, etc. The reasons that might be responsible for causing this problem on the iPhone are listed below after thorough research.
- Dirty stains and oily dabs on the iPhone screen.
- Technical minor faults within the iPhone.
- iPhone case might be too tight.
- Reduce Motion feature is enabled.
- An outdated iPhone software.
In this post, we are going to discuss how you can effectively resolve this issue using various troubleshooting tips.
Fix 1 – Clean the iPhone Screen
When there are any dirty, oily stains or fingerprint stains, it creates many issues as discussed in the article above. So to fix this problem, all you have to do is take a clean cloth and wipe the iPhone screen to remove all the stains and check whether this has cleared the problem.
Fix 2 – Force Restart your iPhone
Step 1: To force restart the iPhone, first you have to press the volume-up button and release it.
Step 2: Then you have to press the volume-down button and leave it like you did earlier.
Step 3: Once it is done, press and hold the power button until you see the Apple Logo sign on your iPhone screen.
Step 4: Afterwards, leave the power button.
Step 5: This force restarts the iPhone.
Fix 3 – Disable the Reduce Motion Settings
Step 1: You have to go to the home screen and click on the settings icon.
Step 2: Scroll down and tap on the Accessibility option from the settings page.
Step 3: Now select the Motion option.
Step 4: Ensure that the Reduce Motion option is disabled by clicking on its toggle switch as shown in the below screenshot.
Fix 4 – Uninstall the Compass app
Step 1: Long tap on the Compass app icon from the home screen.
Step 2: This populates the context menu option on the screen.
Step 3: Select the Remove App option from the menu list as shown in the image below.
Step 4: Then click on the Delete App option from the available pop-up window.
Step 5: To continue, please click Delete.
Step 6: This starts uninstalling/deleting the default Compass app from your iPhone.
Fix 5 – Reset All Settings
If you have reached the end of the article, it means none of the above methods have worked for you. It means there could be some settings issue somewhere done unknowingly by some user on your iPhone. We recommend trying resetting all settings on your iPhone and after that, you can see that this issue no longer occurs on your iPhone.
- Update the iOS Software on the iPhone – Many a time, the outdated software installed on the iPhone causes the majority of the issues developed on an iPhone. So practice updating the iPhone software on a regular basis.
- Remove the Screen Protector/Guard – If there are no stains and you are still facing this issue, it could be because the screen protector of the iPhone is slightly cracked or broken. Therefore, you need to get rid of the screen protector by removing it and this must resolve the issue.
- Take out the iPhone case – Some cases used to protect the iPhone might be a little tight and put pressure on the iPhone and this could be the reason behind this issue. Remove the iPhone from the case, make a call, and check whether the screen goes black during a call.