Even though many people these days chat and share information via different social applications like WhatsApp, at times users have to send messages through sms. Recently, many iPhone users have reported that they are facing an issue with their iPhone where they are not able to receive any sms that was sent from an Android phone.
The reasons that might be responsible for this type of issue on any iPhone are listed below.
- The android mobile number might have been blocked by the iPhone user.
- iPhone message inbox must be full.
- Outdated iPhone software.
- Network settings got changed
- Sim Card Issues
In this post, we have listed different types of fixes after researching the abovementioned factors.
- Update your iPhone – When you have not installed any recent updates that might resolve any software bugs or enhance any feature on your iPhone, it might throw such problems. So try updating your iPhone’s software and see if it works.
- Delete Old Messages from iPhone Inbox – If the iPhone user did not clear the sms inbox regularly, then it will not be able to receive any new incoming messages on the iPhone until the inbox is cleared. Therefore, it is a good practice to keep the messages inbox cleared often.
- Remove the Sim Card and Insert it back – If this issue is caused because of the sim card on the iPhone, you need to remove the sim card by ejecting the sim card holder from iPhone by inserting a pin in the side hole. After that, wipe the sim card with a clean cloth, place it back into the holder, and insert it into iPhone.
- Force Restart your iPhone – Many users have found that due to internal software glitches, they faced this problem and they got it fixed by simply force restarting their iPhones. So we suggest our users try force restarting the iPhone once and check if this helps.
Fix 1 – Check Whether the Phone Number is blocked
There might be a possibility that the phone number from which you are expecting an sms is blocked. So check it and unblock the phone number using the steps mentioned below.
Step 1: First of all, you need to head toward the Settings app.
Step 2: Then scroll down and tap on Messages.
Step 3: Now search for the Blocked Contacts option from the Messages page.
Step 4: Swipe the blocked phone number to the left of the list and click Unblock.
Step 5: This will unblock the phone number from the blocked list and you will be able to receive messages from this number.
Fix 2 – Change the Messages Settings on iPhone
Step 1: Launch the Settings app on your iPhone.
Step 2: Look for the Messages option from the list and tap on it.
Step 3: Once done, tap on the MMS Messaging’s toggle button as shown below.
Step 4: This will enable all the MMS messages to be received on your iPhone.
Fix 3 – Enable and Disable Airplane Mode
This method will refresh the cellular/mobile network signals on your iPhone.
Step 1: Open the Control Centre screen on your iPhone by swiping down from the top right side of your iPhone.
Step 2: After the control center screen appears, tap on the Airplane Mode icon to enable it as shown below.
Step 3: Once it is enabled, it will disconnect all the network signals including Wi-Fi and Mobile.
Step 4: After some time, disable the Airplane Mode by tapping on its icon from the control center screen as shown.
Fix 4 – Check for Carrier Settings Update on iPhone
Step 1: Click on the settings icon from your home screen.
Step 2: This opens the Settings app on your iPhone.
Step 3: Next, select the General option from the Settings menu list.
Step 4: Click on the About option.
Step 5: Scroll down to the Physical Sim section.
Step 6: If there appears a pop-up requesting you to update the carrier settings, please click on Update.
Fix 5 – Reset Network Settings on iPhone
Step 1: Kindly go to your Settings app.
Step 2: Then tap on the General option.
Step 3: Select the Transfer or Reset iPhone option.
Step 4: Click on Reset.
Step 5: You might get a pop-up window on the iPhone screen after clicking.
Step 6: Now choose the Reset Network Settings option from the list as shown below.
Step 7: This will prompt you to enter your iPhone passcode to continue.
Step 8: On successfully entering the passcode, tap on Reset Network Settings again to proceed.
Step 9: This begins to reset the network settings on your iPhone.
Fix 6 – Turn Off the RCS feature on the Android device
The RCS (Rich Communication Service) feature on any Android device is introduced to give users an enhanced chat experience and sometimes this might cause a problem while sending SMS to any device other than Android. To disable this feature, use the steps below.
Step 1: Launch the Messages app on your Android device.
Step 2: Then go to the Profile pic icon in the top right corner.
Step 3: Select the Settings option from the list.
Step 4: Now tap on General.
Step 5: Then choose the Chat Features option from the general list.
Step 6: Make sure you have turned off the Enable chat features option by tapping on its toggle button.
Step 7: After that, you will be able to send SMS without any issues to any iPhones.