Unknown software exception (0xe0434352) is an error some of Windows users are reporting that they are facing at the time of shutting down their computer or when they are trying to launch an application. Unknown software exception (0xe0434352) is an error which is related with .NET installation. Majority of the reasons of this error is having a faulty .NET Framework, other reason is because of some corrupted files or old drivers which are contradicting with Windows.
There are some fixes which can solve this problem, but before going for it, create a system restore point. If anything goes wrong, you can restore your computer to its previous state, with the system restore point.
Fix-1 Perform a Clean Boot
Clean booting your computer ensures that your computer is booting with minimal set of drivers and less startup programs. This can solve the problem with Unknown software exception (0xe0434352). In order to clean boot your computer follow these steps-
1. Press Windows Key+R. Type “msconfig” and click on “OK“. System Configuration will open.
2. Click on “General” tab and then uncheck the box beside the “Load startup items“. Make sure the “Load system services” is checked.
3. Click on the “Services” tab. Then check the “Hide all Microsoft services” and then click on the “Disable all” . Now, click on “Apply” and “OK“.
4. Reboot your computer, it will be booted in clean mode. Check if the error is still happening or not. If the error is still there then go for the next fix.
Fix-2 Run Sfc and Chkdsk through Command Prompt
Sometime some corrupt files or system errors on hard drive can create the Unknown software exception (0xe0434352) error. To check for the corrupt Windows files and system error on hard drive follow these steps-
1. Press Windows Key+R. Type “cmd” and press “Ctrl+Shift+Enter“. This will open Command prompt with Administrative rights.
2. Type ” sfc /scannow” and hit Enter. This will take some time. Wait till the process is complete.
3. Type “sfc /scannow /offbootdir=c:\ /offwindir=c:\windows” and hit Enter. Wait till the process is completed.
4. Type “CHKDSK /f /r” and hit Enter. Press “Y” and hit Enter. The disk checkup will be done at the time of next reboot of your computer.
After rebooting your computer check if the error is still appearing or not. If the problem is still appearing, then go for the next fix.
Fix-3 Run Microsoft .NET Framework Repair Tool
Microsoft .NET Framework Repair Tool is an application which can detect and fix some of the .NET Framework errors. Follow these steps to download, install and run the Microsoft .NET Framework Repair Tool –
1. Open your browser and google “Microsoft .NET Framework Repair Tool” and click on the “Download Microsoft .NET Framework Repair Tool from Official…“.
2. Click on “Download“. Choose a folder (location) to download the tool.
3. Now, go to the folder location where you have downloaded the tool (The name of the tool will be- NetFxRepairTool). Double click on “NetFxRepairTool“. Click on “Yes“, if prompted by User Account Control.
4. Check the box “I have read and accept the license terms.” and click on “Next“. Again click on “Next“. Click on “Finish” when the process is finished.
Reboot your device and check if the error is still there or not. If the error is still is there, then go for the next fix.
Fix-4 Reinstall .NET Framework
Reinstalling the .NET Framework can solve the error Unknown software exception (0xe0434352). Now, these are steps to uninstall and install the .NET Framework from your computer-
Steps to uninstall .NET Framework from your computer-
1. Press Windows Key+R, and type “appwiz.cpl“, hit Enter. This will open “Program and Features“.
2. Look for the “.NET Framework” in the list of the the programs. Double click on it. Click on “Yes” if prompted by the User Account Control. Click on “Uninstall“.
3. Wait till the uninstallation process is complete. Reboot your computer.
4. Press Windows Key+R, and type “C:\Windows\“, hit Enter. This will open Windows folder in C: drive.
5. Look for the folder “assembly” and right click on it. Click on “Rename” and rename it to “assembly1“.
6. Similarly, find the folder “Microsoft.NET” and right click on it and click on “Rename” and type “Microsoft.NET1“. Close “Windows” folder.
7. Press Windows Key+R, and type “regedit“, hit Enter. This will open “Registry Editor”.
8. Now click on the “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE” and, then click on”SOFTWARE” and click on “Microsoft” . Right click on “.NETFramework” and click on “Delete“.
9. Reboot your computer.
Steps to install .NET Framework in your computer-
10. Download .NET Framework from these links and install them-
11. Reboot your computer and your problem should be solved. If it is not solved go for the next solution.
Fix- 5 Run System Restore
Running system restore can solve the error.
1. Press Windows Key+R and type “sysdm.cpl“, and hit Enter.
2. Click on “System Protection” tab and then click on “System Restore” . Then Click on “Choose a different restore point“. Click on “Next“.
3. Click on the System Restore point you want. Now, click on the “Next“.
6. Click on “Finish” to finish the process. This will Restart your system to the system restore point you selected. Your problem should be solved.
Sambit is a Mechanical Engineer By qualification who loves to write about Windows 10 and solutions to weirdest possible problems.