Windows Update error code 0x800706ba may appear during the Windows 10 update process. Some users have also complained about witnessing this error code in their printing devices. Simply, follow these fixes on your computer and the problem will be solved in no time.
1. Reboot your computer. After rebooting your compute check if you are still receiving the error code or not.
2. Disable third-party antivirus and firewall on your computer. Now, try to update your Windows.
Go for these fixes if nothing works out for you,
Fix-1 Automate necessary services with CMD-
Some necessary services are required to complete the adaptation process.
1. Press Windows key+R to launch Run and then type “cmd” and press Ctrl+Shift+Enter.
Click on “Yes” if you are prompted for permission by User Account Control.
Command Prompt will be opened with admin rights.
2. What we are going to do is to automate some services, to do so, copy-pate these four commands, and then hit Enter to execute them.
SC config wuauserv start= auto SC config bits start= auto SC config cryptsvc start= auto SC config trustedinstaller start= auto
Once you have executed all the commands, close the Command Prompt window.
Check if you are still facing the issue or not. If the issue is still there, go for the next fix.
Fix-2 Rename Software Distribution folder-
1. Search cmd in windows 10 search bar and then right-click on “Command Prompt” and choose run as administrator.
2. Now, you need to copy and paste these codes one by one in the Command Prompt window and hit Enter.
net stop wuauserv net stop cryptSvc net stop bits net stop msiserver
This process will stop some services for a short period of time.
3. After that, to rename the folder, copy and paste these commands one by one in Command Prompt window, and hit Enter
ren C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old ren C:\Windows\System32\catroot2 catroot2.old
4. At the last step, you have to start the processes you have stopped in the first step. Copy-paste these commands in Command Prompt window, and then hit Enter to resume the services.
net start wuauserv net start cryptSvc net start bits net start msiserver
Close Command Prompt window.
Reboot your computer.
After rebooting, try updating your computer. Your problem should be solved.
Fix-3 Use Powershell-
Windows Update Auto Update Client runs in the background, updating it from Powershell may solve your issue.
1. At first, press ‘Window key+X‘.
2. Then, simply click on the “Windows PowerShell (Admin)”.
2. Once the PowerShell window has opened, copy-paste or type these codes in the terminal and then press Enter sequentially.
wuauclt.exe /updatenow exit
Try to check if you are witnessing the same error again on your computer or not.
Fix-4 Edit Group Policy settings-
Modifying the Group Policy settings on your computer will help you out.
1. To launch the Run window on your device, what you need to do is to press Windows key+R.
2. Now, type or copy-paste “gpedit.msc” in Run window and then hit Enter.
3. In Local Group Policy Editor window, expand-
Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Windows Update
4. Now, on the right-hand side, scroll down through the policies and double click on “Configure Automatic Updates“.
5. In Configure Automatic Updates window, select the “Not Configured” option.
6. Click on “OK” to save the settings.
Close Local Group Policy Editor window.
Try to update your computer. Check if the error is still there or not.