Many users are complaining about Chrome automatically starting up when PC starts or reboot in Windows 10. If you are on this page, chances are you are trying to find a fix for it. Just follow the fix given below to solve unwanted startup of chrome at every windows 10 boot.
Fix 1 – Disable Using sign in info feature in Windows 10
1. Press Windows key + I together to Open settings.
2. Click on Accounts
3. Choose Sign in Options from left menu.
4. Turn off “Use my sign-in info to automatically finish setting up my device and reopen my apps after an update or restart” option.
Fix 2 – Disable background Running apps on Chrome
1. Open Chrome
2. Click on 3 vertical dots at top right.
3. Click on settings.
4. Scroll down and Click on Advanced.
5. Under System, Toggle off Continue running background apps when chrome is closed.
Fix 3 – Try Shutting or Rebooting PC with hotkeys
1. Press Windows key + D together to go to Desktop.
2. Now, Press ALT + F4 key together to open shutdown menu.
3. Now, Choose Shutdown or reboot.
This will Close all Apps and Then Shutdown your PC.
Fix 4 – Disable Chrome at Startup
1. Press CTRL + Shift + Esc key to open task manager.
2. Go to Startup Tab.
3. Locate Chrome, Right click on it and Choose disable to disable chrome at Startup.
Fix 5 – Create Task Killer
1. Open Notepad.
2. Copy and paste the code given below in Notepad.
Taskkill /IM chrome.exe /F
3. Now, Click on File > Save as
4. Name this file kill.bat and choose Save file as > All files from the dropdown.
5. Now, Copy this saved file, by doing a right click > Copy.
6. Press Windows key + R key together to Open RUN.
7. Write shell:startup in it and click OK.
8. Paste the kill.bat in this folder . This is startup folder of windows 10 and this kill.bat will end task for chrome every time PC opens up.
Fix 6 – Look in the registry editor
1. Press Windows key + R key together to open run,
2. Now, write regedit in the text field and click OK.
3. Now, Once the registry editor opens up, Create a backup before proceeding.
Now, Go to the following path.
4. Now, in the right side , if you see anything unusual or suspicious except default.
5. Close the registry editor window and reboot your computer.