In spite of all sharing settings correct, many users are facing a issue of Cast to device not working. There are many error messages like contacting device or no device found, but all of those error messages leads to only one thing and that is your windows 10 PC is unable to cast media on other devices. Here are some of the best fixes for this problem.
Method 1 – Turn on Network Discovery
1 – Open settings by press windows key + I together.
2- Now, Click on Network and Internet
3 – Now, scroll down in the right side and click on Network & Sharing centre.
4 – Now, click on Change adapter sharing settings from the left menu.
5 – Now, Just choose the radio button saying Turn on Network discovery. Also Turn on File and printer sharing.
6 – Finally, click on Save changes.
Now, try to see that your problem is resolved or not.
Method 2 – Check necessary services
1. Press Windows key + R together from the keyboard.
2. Type services.msc in it and click OK to open service manager window.
3. now, check whether these services are running or not. If any of these services are not running, double click on them one by one, click on start if they are not running .
1. DNS Client
2. Function Discovery Resource Publication
3. SSDP Discovery
4. UPnP Device Host
Method 3 – Turn on Media Streaming
1. Search windows media player in windows search box and open windows media player.
2. Now, Click on stream and then click on Turn On Media Streaming.
3. Again, click on turn on media streaming in next window.
4. Finally , click on OK.
5. Now, Try again.
Method 4 – Update Network adapter Driver
1 – Press windows key + I together to open run command box.
2 – Now, write devmgmt.msc in it and hit enter to Open Device manager.
3 – Just Click on Network adaptors -> The network adaptor name.
4 – Do a right click and then click on update driver software.
5 – Click on Search automatically for updated driver software.
6- Finally reboot your computer and then try to cast to device.
Method 5 – Troubleshoot Network adapters
1 – Open settings by pressing windows key + i together.
2 – Now, click on update & Security.
3 – Now, from the left menu, click on Troubleshoot
4 – Now, Choose Network adapters in the section find and fix other problems from right section.
5 – follow on-screen instructions to troubleshoot