Recently there has been an issue with the iPhones where most users cannot hear the caller receiving the calls on their iPhones. Also, the caller cannot hear anything from the user’s end.
But it is also observed that sometimes they can hear it only when the user disconnects and returns the call. This can be a serious problem when there is an emergency. This issue might have been caused due to a number of reasons which are listed below.
- Some Audio Bluetooth device is connected to the iPhone.
- Cellular network connectivity problem.
- Phone noise connection is enabled.
- Issues related to the network settings on the iPhone.
- Outdated iPhone OS.
If you are also facing such an issue, don’t fret! We have the best solutions listed in the article below, which will definitely resolve your issue.
Preliminary Fixes –
Force Restart the iPhone
If something went wrong with the network settings or the iPhone has become stuck for some unknown reason, you can always try force restarting the iPhone and it can be done using the steps below.
- When you are not able to hear any caller after receiving the calls, then press the volume up button once and release it.
- Then after that, press the volume down button and release it.
- Now press the side button of your iPhone for around 10 seconds till you see the Apple logo sign on the screen.
- After the iPhone starts, try and check if you are able to hear the caller on your iPhone.
Update your iPhone
When the iOS of your iPhone has not been updated, then it might create some unusual problems like this mentioned above in this article. So let us try updating the iPhone using the steps given below.
- The next fix would be to check if there are any updates available for your iPhone.
- For that, you have to go to Settings > General > Software Update and wait for a few seconds until it loads the page.
- If there are any updates available, please tap on Download and Install to update your iPhone.
- Now try to connect your iPhone and see if the problem still appears.
Toggle the Airplane Mode On and Off
Some users have claimed to have resolved this problem by simply toggling the airplane mode feature on their iPhones. So we recommend doing the same by using the steps given below.
- First, open the Control Centre by swiping down the screen from the top right side of the iPhone screen after unlocking it.
- Next, tap on the Airplane mode in the top left corner. This will enable the Airplane mode.
- Wait for some time and then tap on the Airplane mode again to turn it Off.
- Once it is disabled, check if the problem gets resolved or not.
If the problem still exists, please follow the rest of the solutions given below.
Fix 1 – Disable the Bluetooth option
Some users connect their iPhones to the Bluetooth device to listen to music or something and thus whenever any caller calls, they won’t be able to hear any sound because it is being played out on a Bluetooth device. Let us try disconnecting the Bluetooth option.
Step 1: Unlock your iPhone first and open the Settings page by tapping on the settings icon from the home screen as shown below.
Step 2: Now go to the Bluetooth option by tapping on it once.
Step 3: Tap on the Bluetooth’s toggle button to turn it off as shown in the below screenshot.
This will take a few seconds to turn off the Bluetooth on your iPhone. Once done, you can notice that you are able to hear the next time anybody calls on your iPhone.
Fix 2 – Disable the Background Sounds
If the Background Sounds feature on any iPhone is enabled by the user, this will not allow the user to hear any receiving calls. So let us try disabling the background sounds feature on the iPhone. Follow the steps below on how to do it.
Step 1: Open the Settings page on your iPhone first.
Step 2: Scroll down the settings page a little and then tap on the Accessibility option.
Step 3: Then tap on the Audio/Visual option once.
Step 4: On the Audio/Visual page, look for the Background Sounds option and tap on it.
Step 5: Now disable the Background Sounds option by tapping on its toggle button as shown in the below screenshot.
Step 6: After this gets disabled, check if the problem is resolved or not.
Fix 3 – Reset Network Settings on your iPhone
If this issue is caused due to the changes done to the network settings or any other settings on your iPhone, then what you can do is simply reset the network settings on your iPhone. Follow the steps given below on how to reset network settings.
Step 1: Open the Settings page on your iPhone.
Step 2: After that, tap on the General option once.
Step 3: Scroll down the General page to the bottom and tap on the Transfer or Reset iPhone.
Step 4: Now choose the Reset option by tapping on it once as shown below.
Step 5: This pops up a small context menu with a list of options.
Step 6: Select the Reset Network Settings option from the list as shown below.
Step 7: This will start to reset your network settings on your iPhone.