Is the computer screen looking too dull? Can’t you increase / decrease the brightness level of the screen? If that is the issue then there is a problem either with the graphics adapter or the monitor. If you are facing the issue, don’t worry. Simply follow these easy fixes and the problem will be gone in no time at all.
Fix-1 Update the graphics driver-
You can solve this issue easily by updating the graphics driver.
1. Press Windows key+R to open Run window.
2. To open the Device Manager window, type “devmgmt.msc” and hit Enter.
3. Now you need to extend the “Display adapters” section.
4. Then right-click on “Intel(R) HD Graphics“. Now, to update the driver, click on the “Update driver“.
5. When you will be asked ‘How do you want to search for drivers?‘, click on “Browse my computer for driver software“.
6. Then you need to choose the option, “Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer“.
7. In this window, you will notice several graphics drivers. Choose the latest graphics driver.
8. Finally, click on “Next“.
10. Click on “Close” once the installation process has finished.
Now, close the Device Manager window.
Reboot your computer. After rebooting your computer, try to increase/ decrease the brightness level on your computer.
Fix 2 – Choose Microsoft Basic display adapter
1. At first, you need to press Windows key+X.
2. Then, click on the “Device Manager” to access the Device Manager window.
3. Again, expand the “Display adapters” part.
4. Expand “Intel(R) HD Graphics” or whatever be the basic graphics available in the list, and then right-click on “Update driver“.
5. Once you see that the question has appeared ‘How do you want to search for drivers?‘, click on “Browse my computer for driver software“.
6. Then you need to select the option “Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer“.
7. In this window, you will notice several graphics drivers. Choose Microsoft Basic Display Adapter from the list.
8. Click on Next.
Fix-3 Uninstall monitor driver-
Disabling the monitor driver has solved the problem for many users.
1. Press Windows key+X and then click on “Device Manager“.
2. Now, click on the “Monitors” section.
3. Then, right-click on the monitor driver and then click on “Uninstall device“.
4. Next, click on “Yes” to uninstall the monitor driver from your device.
Close Device Manager window.
Restart your computer and the monitor driver will be reinstalled.
Check if you can control the brightness level on your computer.