One of the best features that Apple introduced in their iPhones is Tap to Wake. This allows iPhone users to wake their iPhones just simply by tapping on their screen and need not press the power button every time they want to wake up their iPhones.
Isn’t it nice? Well, a lot of iPhone users have complained that the Tap to Wake feature on their iPhones has stopped working out of the blue and are unaware of why this happened.
The main factors that are causing this problem on an iPhone are described below.
- Tap to Wake feature must have got disabled because Low Power Mode was activated.
- Lock Screen Widgets
- Internal Software Bugs on iPhone
- Outdated iPhone software
- Tap to Wake feature is not compatible with your iPhone model
- Always on display option is enabled
We have researched these factors in depth and found many troubleshooting fixes in the article below.
Fix 1 – Turn On the Tap to Wake Feature
Step 1: Open the Settings app.
Step 2: Scroll down and select the Accessibility option by tapping on it.
Step 3: Click on Touch.
Step 4: Enable Tap to Wake by clicking on its toggle switch as shown below.
Fix 2 – Delete all the Widgets from the Screen
Step 1: Go to the Widgets screen by keep swiping the home screen to the right.
Step 2: After you reach the Widgets screen, remove all the widgets added there.
Step 3: To do so, click on Edit at the bottom as shown.
Step 4: After that, all the widgets start jiggling.
Step 5: You need to click on minus sign on the widget you want to remove.
Step 6: Then tap on Remove on the popup window.
Step 7: Do the same to all the widgets.
Fix 3 – Tap Only using One Finger
Many iPhone users try waking up their iPhones by tapping 2/3/4 fingers. Whereas, the Tap to Wake feature works only when you tap your iPhone screen using only one finger. Therefore, we suggest our users try tapping on their iPhone screen with just one finger and check if this works for them.
Fix 4 – Turn Off Always on Display option
NOTE – This method is for only iPhone 14/mini/Pro/Pro Max users.
Step 1: First of all, you have to open the Settings app.
Step 2: Then tap on the Display & Brightness option as shown in the below screenshot.
Step 3: Next, scroll down to the bottom and you will find the Always on Display option.
Step 4: Just turn it off by tapping on its toggle button.
Fix 5 – Disable Low Power Mode
Step 1: Go to the Settings app.
Step 2: Click on the Battery option from the settings list.
Step 3: Turn Off the Low Power Mode option by clicking on its toggle switch as shown below.
Fix 6 – Reset All Settings on your iPhone
Step 1: Launch the Settings app on your iPhone.
Step 2: Go to General.
Step 3: Select the Transfer or Reset iPhone option at the bottom as shown below.
Step 4: Choose Reset.
Step 5: Then click on Reset All Settings.
Step 6: Enter the iPhone passcode.
Step 7: Tap Reset All Settings again.
Step 8: This begins to reset all settings on your iPhone.
- Restart your iPhone – Many iPhone users have resolved this issue by restarting their iPhones which rectifies many problems created within iPhone due to internal technical faults.
- Update the iPhone – If users have not installed the latest version of iOS software on the iPhone, it might be the reason for this problem. So try updating your iPhone by browsing Settings > General > Software Update.
- Compatibility – The Tap to Wake feature was introduced by Apple for only certain models like iPhone X and the latest iPhones and it works that way. So check your iPhone model and if it is older than iPhone X, this feature will not work, unfortunately.
- Check the Screen Guard – Most iPhone users install screen guards on their iPhone screens for protecting from minor scratches, etc. But if the screen protector is of low quality, it can cause several issues like touchscreen sensitivity, tap to wake not working, etc. So try removing the screen guard and replacing it with a good one.