Intel Rapid Storage Technology (RST) service is an application which monitors storage functions on your Windows computer to provide better storage option. Now, this application also helps to provide improved performance and low power consumption.
Some of the Windows 10 users are reporting that they are facing problem with ‘Intel RST service not running’. This may be because your Intel RST driver is outdated or your Intel RST service is not automatically started. Follow these fixes to fix your problem.
Initial Workaround– You can restart your computer and check if the Intel RST service is running normally. If the service is still not running go for these fixes-
Table of Contents
Fix-1 Update your Intel RST driver
You are running into this problem may be because your Intel RST driver is old/incompatible. Follow these steps to uninstall and install your hard disk drive to remove any corrupted file and then download and install latest Intel RST driver-
[NOTE– You will need a valid Internet Connection to your computer for downloading the Intel RST driver]
1. Press the Windows key and start to type “devmgmt“.
2. Now, click on the “Device Manager” in the Search box.
2. Now look for “Disk drivers” and expand it.
3. Right-click on the hard drive in which Intel Rapid Storage Technology is running and click on “Uninstall device“.
4. Now, click on “Action” and click on “Scan for hardware changes“.
This will reinstall the driver for your hard disk.
4. Go to the Intel Rapid Storage Technology (RST) download center and download the application according to your CPU type (whether it is x64, or it is x32 based architecture).
5. Now click on the link “Intel Rapid Storage Technology (Intel RST) User Interface and Driver“.
6. Click on “SetupRST.exe” to download it.
7. Click on “I accept the terms in the license agreement” and choose a place to download the application.
8. Go to the location where you have downloaded “SetupRST” and right-click on it and click on “Run as administrator“.
Go through the installation. It will install the latest Intel Rapid Storage Technology driver and user interface.
After installation is done, restart your computer.
Check if the Intel RST service is working or not. If it is not working then go for the next fix.
Fix-2 Check if Intel Rapid Storage Technology Service is stopped in Task Manager
You may face this problem if the Intel Rapid Storage Technology service is not running. In order to check this follow these steps-
1. Right-click on the Windows icon on the left-hand side, and click on “Task Manager” to open Task Manager.
2. Now, go to the “Services” tab in the Task Manager and you will find a list of services. Look for “IAStorDataMgrSvc” in the list and check if it is Running.
3. If you notice that “IAStorDataMgrSvc” is stopped. Then, right-click on “IAStorDataMgrSvc” and click on “Start“.
Reboot your computer and check if Intel RST service is running or not. If it is still not running then go for the next fix.
Fix-3 Automate Intel RST service from Services
Sometimes Intel Rapid Sage Technology service is configured to start manually- this may cause the problem you are facing. You can change the startup type to “Automatic” from Services-
1. In order to open the Run window, you will need to open press Windows key and the R key.
2. Now, click on “Services” that will arrive in the elevated search result.
3. In the Services window, look for the “Intel(R) Rapid Storage Technology” service and double click on it.
Intel(R) Rapid Storage Technology Properties window will open.
4. Click on “Startup type:” and select “Automatic” from the drop-down list.
5. Finally, you can click on “Apply” and “OK” to save the changes.
Now, you have to close the Services window and restart your computer.
Your problem with the Intel Rapid Storage Technology service should be solved.
Sambit is a Mechanical Engineer By qualification who loves to write about Windows 10 and solutions to weirdest possible problems.